Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Organizational Methods

*sigh* Public speaking scares the crap out of me. Not exactly sure why, especially since I like to talk. And boy can I talk. Heck, I can talk about anything to anyone (just ask my husband)! But, when it comes to actually *talking* in front of people, I get the heebie jeebies. Which makes me wonder why the @?!# I'm taking a public speaking course this semester!? Oh yeah. I remember. I need it for my BSN and since I'm waiting for clinicals to start, I have nothing better to do. My teacher said that in a poll done, humans fear speaking in public more than they do death! Not sure that I'm that extreme...but, anyway.

This brings me to my point. These videos straight up are awful! But, I'm going to share them anyway, because I'm proud of myself, even if I did it in the privacy of my own bedroom with no one watching, it was still nerve wrecking to think that people might actually LOOK at them. Seriously.  I find that these methods work best for me. Minimal time, minimal cutting, lots of organization. That doesn't mean it will work best for you. Everyone has their niche. I am currently in college taking classes for my ADN and working on my BSN at the same time. I have a disabled husband that has severe medical issues (and is very needy, lol, but I think that is most husbands!). And then, I'm a mom to 3 kids. We do soccer and participate in almost all school activities. We are very involved with our family and friends. So, needless to say, spending any more than 1-2 hours a week to keep myself organized is almost too much already! Plus, I don't like standing in a store flipping through my binder --> I don't like people watching me. It freaks me out. So, an insanely huge binder would only draw even more attention to me, and let's face it....I'm a little weird anyway. Plus, the binder is freakin' massive anyway. I'm not sure where the heck I would put my inserts if I decided to cut them...They certainly wouldn't fit in my binder now (which is up to 5" thick right now!)

So, the first video is about my whole insert method and how I've organized it. My second video is about my binder itself. It is a Case-it binder from Amazon, but I have seen them for 14.99 at Walmart.  The third video is how I have organized my restaurant and retail coupons. And in case you couldn't tell from the video, I absolutely HATE when my free panty coupons expire! It drives me batty! :D Anyway, have fun with these and please...DO laugh at my expense! Feel free to comment and ask questions! I'm hoping these are helpful to those that haven't find their *niche* yet!






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share