Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What are you reading?


Books! Anyone that knows me personally, knows that I absolutely love to read. I have thousands of books, and that is an understatement. I read them over and over again. I love my books. But, here lately I've seriously been thinking about a Kindle. It would be seriously easier to carry around at school and since I have at least another 3 years before I even finish my first degree, and then I would like to continue on with my master's...I'm sure it would get some serious usage! Also, I've done a lot of research on the Kindle vs Nook debate, and the Kindle seems to be the way to go. Being able to use it outside in the sunlight is one serious draw for me....I'm always in the car with the kids, driving hubby to dialysis, or outside on campus. Not to mention, we start soccer here in about a week, and then I'll be on those fields every spare and not so spare moment I have. So, what do you guys think? "Real Books" vs Kindle vs Nook...I vote real books for some of my favorite series that I couldn't imagine not owning for the rest of my life (lol) and Kindle for everything else.

While we are on the subject of books...What are you reading? I've always got my nose in a book and usually more than one at a time. Right now I'm doing a lot of reading in my literature class, so I've been seriously inspired to go back and reread some of the classics like Moby Dick, Huck Finn, Jane Austen and some others. But, I am reading for fun too...I'm currently on the Stephanie Plum series from Janet Evanovich and I'm on Ten Big Ones. I'm also reading a new series by Pittacus Lore and currently on the first book I Am Number Four.

The Stephanie Plum series is a light hearted hilarious, make you roll of your bed with laughter type of series. I have been known to burst out in laughter at any given moment with these books, tears rolling down my face! I don't want to spoil the fun for you, but basically it is about a woman from Jersey who looses her job as a lingerie buyer and becomes a bounty hunter. She has two extremely hot men in her life and both make me wish they weren't fictional characters (lol)!  She blows up cars, rescues friends, and has the coolest grandma ever...I can't recommend this book series enough!

I Am Number Four is also a movie series...although having seen the movie, it is not the same (are they ever?!). I am enjoying the books so much more...It's fantasy/sci-fi I guess...Aliens, love, action, and more. I started the book yesterday and I only have about 60 more pages to read. I am totally hooked on it...It is going to rank right up there with my other favorites: The Hunger Games series, Twilight Series (although I love The Host more!), The Mortal Instruments series, and The Infernal Devices series...I would love to give better book reviews, but I'm not sure how many of you are interested, so let me know! I love sharing! :)Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share