Sunday, July 31, 2011

Aggravated Today & A Little Bit About Me...

 

Okay, so I'm thrifty, cheap, good with my money, etc. <-- Whatever you call it, I don't like to spend a lot of money on things. I wasn't always like this...but, when my husband's kidneys failed a little over 2 years ago very unexpectedly, I had to learn to live off of a much smaller income...aka disability. It is no where near what we used to get when he worked, and since I've been a stay at home mom to our three kids for the last 11 years, only dabbling in a little overworked underpaid retail management, it's not likely that I could supplement our loss from his disability. So, I'm back in school for my associate's degree in nursing and working on my bachelor's at the same time because of the long wait list at my school (that's a whole different blog post in itself! lol). And in the meantime, we are working towards a transplant for hubby and I coupon to save on the things we need and yes, some wants. Because what is life, if you can't indulge at times? So, that is what I'm going to tell myself today. I'm aggravated. I'm ticked. I'm not happy. :( I spent too much today and being as it is the end of the month, and we live on disability, that is not such a good thing. I wish I would've just put everything back. Ugggh. Let me explain what happened.

First trip was actually Walmart this morning. I had 3 Cascade coupons that made the trial size packs free (only 3 in a pack, but hey, it's free dish soap!) that were expiring today and I also needed some newspapers to start the drugstore trip. Not a problem, got the 3 Cascade trial pacs and my newspapers. Moving on....

Next was CVS. Now, I was not really planning to do much there because I know that my CVS tends to get cleared out pretty quickly. And we didn't get the Colgate toothpaste coupons in my newspaper. LOL. So, I was only getting some Skinny Cow snacks, Bic Soleil Razor Kit, Gillete ProFusion Razor, and really that was all I had planned. Well, I still have my raincheck from the last time the Bic Soleil went on sale, so I didn't have high expectations to get it this time, and I was right. It was still gone from the shelf. So, raincheck for that. Then, I got the Skinny Cow snacks (2), the Gillete razor (1), and the magic coupon machine printed me out a coupon for free U by Kotex liners ($1.77 off). I had a $1.00 off manufacturer coupon to match up with it in my binder, so I grabbed those up  and was pleased to find that they were only $1.44, so I actually got the store 1.77 off and the manufacturer 1.00 off which gave me 1.33 in overages. The magic coupon machine also printed me off a 3 off 10 purchase of cosmetics. I had a 5.00 store magic coupon machine left from last week on a Revlon product (not the ones with the ECBs though, darn!), so I bought a lip gloss that was 10.99 and really with all the coupons and overages, it ended up being $1.66, and of course I actually paid with my EBC's, so it was technically pretty much free. I got all of this today for 77 CENTS. So good trip..Saved 25.16. Still happy here...

Next, my mom was wanting some stuff at RiteAid, but due to the fact that I've been super aggravated with RiteAid almost always being out of the items I wanted to get, I've pretty much stopped shopping there. I did go ahead and get the Bic Soliel disposable razors for 1.99 + 1UP, so I guess I will start back there again this next week since I have a 1UP now, lol! Okay, still happy....

Here's where it got complicated. I normally really do love my Walgreens. I normally only do about 2-3 transactions there, occasionally even only 1. Well, I had a complicated order this week, but I was planning to only spend about $16.00 for over $100 worth of stuff and come back out with 9RR. So, after dealing with coupons that didn't match up with some products that were on sale (grrr!) and then not being able to even find a place in the store with others, I finally was ready to check out. I was planning to do 4 transactions, with my last one getting me some diapers for free for a baby shower that I'm going to need to plan here in a few months for a friend. And when I get there, the cashier (she was nice about it) told me they are no longer allowing more than two transactions per day per customer. WHAT?! Seriously. This messed me all up because I was planning to roll over some of the register rewards to other transactions, but I also was buying some things the same in different transactions. And everyone knows that if you buy a deal, get the RR, and buy the deal again and use the RR to buy it, you won't get a new RR. So...Now I have like $19 in RR but I spent close to $35 dollars. :( I think I should have just walked away, but I got blindsided by this, and really got confused and out of sorts. I keep telling myself, that it really isn't that bad, because I still saved like over a hundred dollars, but when you are a fixed income, that was a lot of money to spend. I guess its just one of those things that you have to be prepared for. I think what stinks the most, is that she said it was due to the fact that people come in and wipe the shelves clean...Stupid Extreme Couponers. See how hard you make it on the rest of us?! I don't understand why people can't just buy what they need for their family. And I told the lady, that was a stupid rule, that people will just start bringing in hubby, kids, friends to do the transactions with, so its not going to solve it. The one thing I can tell you is that, I don't think this is a Walgreens thing...It is just the Walgreens in my area. Anyway. Vent over...Time to move on with more important things in life, like the 5 million exams I have this week since its the last week of summer semester! Ugh!  Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Share