Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Busy little bee!

Okay, I've been super busy here lately. I don't know if I've told you, but I'm back in school for nursing. This is my 3rd semester and I will have graduated the Pre-Nursing program at MTC. Then, comes the fun part! (sarcasm here) Apparently, they have such a great program, there is a wait list a mile and half long. So, I don't know when I actually get to start those classes. I am trying to keep my grades at all A's for a program called Merit where I potentially can start in Jan 2012 if accepted through that program. So crossing my fingers! But, my reason for telling you all of that is that my last few weeks of this semester are right now so its crunch time for all of my teachers. Therefore, I have no time left over really for things like taking pics and blogging about my life and coupons. :( Boo! So, my posts will probably be sporadic and few and far between over the next couple of weeks. I have one deal I want to share with you...

This past weekend were going to be out of town for a wedding and I had a 5 and a 4 dollar RR at Walgreens that would be expiring. So, I basically wanted to spend the least amount of money but get the most back for my RR that I could- an exchange out, if you will. So, I sat down and tried to come up with some scenarios. Last week was not a great week, so I actually had a hard time with it. Finally, I decided I would get 1 tube of Colgate MaxFresh toothpaste (hubby's fav) and use the $1 coupon I had that came pre-newspaper in my mailbox (on Wed, I get a SS insert in my mail for the Sunday that is upcoming usually). Then, I bought the 2 bags of jellybeans (kids easter baskets are almost done now! yay!). This came to right at 5.00 (I used the 5.00 RR) without tax and gave me back a 3 and a 1 dollar RR. Not too bad. Then, I went ahead and bought another tube of Colgate Maxfresh and 2 bags of Cadbury mini eggs, making that total right at 4.00 (I used the 4.00 RR) without tax and gave me back a 3 RR. So, I essentially paid nothing but tax, got 2 tubes of toothpaste, 2 bags of jellybeans, and 2 bags of Cadbury mini eggs and came out with 7 more dollars in RR. Not too bad!

On to something else...My kids have Spring Break next week, and while I know I'm going to be very busy with school and tests and yet another wedding, I want to do some fun things with them. I just got my first copy of Disney's Family Fun (which by the way is on sale RIGHT NOW for 2.99!) and I was really excited about a few of the crafts...




 They both are kinda Earth Day (which is April 22nd, right in the middle of their Spring Break, yay!) themed with recycling ...But, they both are kinda girly. I need to find something for Gavin to do, too. Hmmmmm. Well, I guess this is it for today. I will let you know how it goes when we make these!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share