Thursday, March 3, 2011

Grocery Shopping from Wednesday

Wednesday was a long day for me, and today was not much better. I'm so happy I don't have school for over a week...Spring Break, baby! That being said, I really really really needed a breather. Everything just seemed to crash down on me this week and on top of all of it, I had a test every day. *sigh* I'm just relieved I have a break!

But to get back to the subject at hand, I hit Publix and BiLo this week for my groceries. I can honestly say it wasn't my best shopping experiences, but we had a few things that our household needed and just simply wanted that might not have been "the rock bottom price" that Jenny on Southern Savers would've bought it at. For instance, we use taco sauce in our tacos and we've been out of it for a month now. I've had the taco shells and the seasoning and all the fixins and meat, but no sauce. So, I closed my eyes at the price tag and stuck two large bottles in my buggy. LOL Here's the breakdown for each store, but since Shannon had a procedure that had to be done that afternoon, I had 10 minutes to get my groceries put up before I had to leave again to pick him up from dialysis and take him to the surgery center. So, no pics! Everything in red I didn't have coupons for...I hate buying with no coupons! :( 

Publix
3 Reusable Shopping Bags (I've become a reusable bag addict, and they had 3 new designs! LOL)
4 Stouffer's Easy Express Skillet Meals
2 packs (24-8fl oz bottles) Nestle Pure Life Water
8 boxes Tai Pei Frozen Meals
4 boxes of Aunt Jemima frozen waffles
2 lbs Sirloin Tri Tip Roast
1 carton Pure Silk Vanilla Almond Milk
1 bag Halls cough drops
2 loaves Nature's Own bread
2 jars of Old El Paso Taco Sauce
4 cans of frozen Old Orchard juice
2 boxes Quaker Oatmeal (the Dino kind was on sale, Gavin was pleased!)
4 Bob Evans Refrigerated Sides
2 bags of Hush Puppies
4 boxes of Ritz Crackers
2 Cartons of Strawberries
Wonka Kazoozles (Gavin hit me up for being good on this and the next 2 items!)
Topps Push Pop
22 oz Deli Drink
Subtotal Before Savings=149.53
My Savings=89.54
Subtotal after Savings=59.99
Saved About 60% 


BiLo
8 boxes Gushers*
6 boxes Fruit Roll-ups*
2 boxes Jolly Time popcorn
2 Welch's squeezable Jelly
3 boxes Crunch N Munch
2 Sesame Seed hamburger rolls
1 Pampers Clean N Go 60 ct wipes
3 Pillsbury Cream Cheese Cooking Creme (to try some of the recipes out before my Philly party!)
1 Simply Apple Juice
1 Daisy Sour Cream
2 Earthbound salad mixes
4lb Oranges
1 tomato
1 snack size bag of Wise Cheez Doodles (My son gets treats for being patient with me!)
Subtotal Before Savings= 89.79
My Savings=46.96
Subtotal after Savings=42.83
Saved About 52%
(*Note: I bought the Fruit Roll-ups and Gushers in two transactions...The first in a group of 8 and got a Catalina print out for 3.00 off next purchase. Then, I went back and bought the second 6 boxes and used my regular coupons plus the Catalina, making 6 boxes $6.00 TOTAL! Plus, I have another 3.00 of coupon for my next grocery trip!)

All in all, I'm decently happy with the results, especially for end of the month shopping and buying those few things at regular price!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share