Saturday, February 26, 2011

New to this....

I've been wanting to keep a "diary" of sorts of how I'm couponing and the mistakes I make learning along the way! First off, I guess I should tell you WHY I coupon. I know most people will say things like, well, my husband was laid off, we took a pay cut, etc. While all of those things are most definitely excellent reasons, mine is a little different. My husband was diagnosed very unexpectedly with ESRD, End-Stage Renal Disease. We were both under 30 when this happened in June 2009 and our three kids were all under 10. Needless to say, it has been and still is a roller coaster of constant ups, downs, twists, and turns! We are looking into a transplant, but we he will not be able to go back to doing the line of work he used to do before all of this. So, we had to make some serious decisions about how this was going to affect our lives, especially since I've been more or less a stay at home mom for the last 11 years. After lots of prayer and decision making, I am going back to school for my ADN to get my RN...And I'm planning to continue after getting it to at least get my bachelor's and possibly my masters. I don't like doing anything half way! LOL But, I should stop my rambling and get back to the point.

To begin with, I always have "clipped". I used to get excited when I would see that total savings from coupons get above 10 dollars. Now, I call that disappointing! I had some friends and acquaintances that were constantly talking about how they were doing their coupons and savings HUNDREDS of dollars. I couldn't figure it out. I just thought, well, I don't have the time for that!  Boy, I was wrong! My mom told me about this class from this lady Jenny that does Southern Savers, a couponing website. She was doing a class that would cost 10 dollars in the beginning of January 2011. I really wasn't that into it, to be honest. But, I thought, a night out with my mom would be kinda fun, so I agreed to go. I knew my classes at school were fixin to start so, I wouldn't get another chance to do anything with her for a while like that. So, we went. And my eyes were opened. Jenny is wonderful! She really taught me and inspired me to do this. She showed me ways to make this less time consuming. And most of all, it works! I've been doing this now since second week in January, and I'm so excited! It makes me sick to think of all the years I could've been doing this and all the money that could've been saved! I doubt I will ever go back to shopping the "old way"! Welcome to my blog, The Couponing Mommy!

Websites to Check Out:

southernsavers.comPin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share