Friday, January 20, 2012

Back in the Swing of Things!

So, while I have no pictures because, well I was just proud of myself for dragging my sick butt out of the house tonight in the rain and cold to finally get my week's shopping done. I have been really lazy over the last few months and hardly done any shopping since we had plenty in our stockpiles. So, while I really didn't feel like going out and getting back in the swing of things...I really needed to. First of all, I had ECB's that expired yesterday...Not much, but that's like throwing cash down the toilet! So, I ventured out to 3 of my favorite stores (I probably will be going to Publix on Sunday or Monday)- Bilo, CVS, and Walgreens. The drugstores were really not about getting anything that I desperately wanted, but more about getting some "store currency" so that over the next few weeks I can use that to get the things I do want for free or almost free. So, here's how I did:

First of all, I hit Walgreens because I needed a coupon booklet for my Bilo trip. I was somewhat disappointed because I wanted the Triaminic deal and it was a cleared shelf. Also, I was really wanting to get some of the illy coffee drinks but my Walgreens did not have it on sale, so I passed on it. But, the big money maker was still there!

South Beach Diet snack or meal bars 5 pk $5.99 = 6 RR
Use the $1/1 coupon found here
Pay $4.99 with a 6 RR!
*I did 2 of these transactions*

Subtotal 15.98-6.00 Savings = 9.98 or 37.5% +12 RR


Okay, next up was CVS. I was pretty sure all the "magic coupon machine" coupons would not be printing for me, so I was planning to do some of the other deals. I had 3 ECB to start that I needed to change over because they had expired on Thursday. So, while I was secretly hoping to grab some of the Almay eye makeup for my daughter to play with (I'm a Bare Minerals girl myself), I wasn't too surprised to find that shelf to be completely cleared. So, here's what I did:

Spend $12 on Participating Glade or Oust Products = 4 ECB (Limit 1)
Buy 2 Glade Sense & Spray $5 each
Buy 1 Glade PlugIns Scented Oil Lasting Impressions holder $5 each
Total = $15
Use 2 $3.50/1 Glade Sense & Spray coupons found here
Use 1 $3.00/1 Glade Plugins Scented Oil Lasting Impressions holder coupons found here
Pay $5.00 with a 4 ECB!

Buy 2 Dove Valentine Chocolate hearts 7.94-9.5 oz
Use the $1/1 coupon 1/8 RP
Pay $4 with a $1 ECB!

Subtotal 42.75 - 36.75 Savings = 6.00 or 85.9% +5 ECB (started with 3ECB)


Okay, so now it was time to do the grocery shopping. I had 2 of my 3 children with me, so I don't think it needs to be said that I was influenced to buy some things that *GASP* did not have coupons! Regardless though, I had a pretty good trip for Bilo.

2 Emerald Breakfast on the Go
2 Emerald Flavored Almonds
2 Mott's Applesauce 6 packs
1 Hunt's Pudding 12-pack
2 Hunt's Pudding 4-packs
2 bags of Ruffles chips
1 bag of Coco Dyno-Bites cereal
2 boxes of Wheat Thins
2 boxes of Wheat Thins Stix
1 loaf of Sunbeam bread
2 bags of Millstone Coffee
1 bag of Quick Grits
4 boxes of Mac & Cheese
2 cans of mushrooms
2 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
1 Trop 50 Orange Juice
8 bags of Bird's Eye Chef Favorites SteamFresh Veggies
2 bags of DeWafelbakkers Blueberry Pancakes
1 3lb bag of Cuties Clementines
1 bag of Fresh Express 50/50 blend salad mix
3 Too Tarts Spray Candy

Subtotal 143.66 - 88.06 Savings = 55.60 or 61.2%



So how did you do this week? :) I would love to hear in the comments!Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share